Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Martha's Vineyard Part Two

Day two on the "Vineyard" - all settled in and ready to enjoy all that the island has to offer.

Our house is in beautiful West Tisbury - between Vineyard Haven and Chillmark.  A "simply delightful" area with lots of trees, ponds, and residential areas.  We think it's the perfect spot on the island!



I made a quck trip to the West Tisbury Farmer's Market.  What fun...lots of fresh local produce and BEAUTIFUL flowers.  I couldn't resist this bucket of flowers - including the pizza can.  The lady selling these had a whole truckful of these flowers in yellow pizza cans.  She told me that she picks them up from the restaurants (for free) because it's easier to give them to her then to take them to the recycling center!  "One man's trash is another man's treasure"!  Also picked up some fresh blueberries (for pancakes tomorrow morning) and some fingerling potatoes (for dinner tonight).



Yes, I made the "happy couple" pose with one of the fingerling potatoes that was shaped like a heart!  Everyone laughed at me, but I thought it was the perfect "Hallmark moment".  I believe that Dan ate the "heart" at dinner.

On the way back from the Farmer's Market, I spotted a headstone in a cemetery that was surrounded by chickens!  I snapped a quick photo and decided to do some research into this most unusual memorial.  That's a story for another day.  Now it's off to the pool for some relaxation and some drinks  ~ as Jimmy Buffet says:  "It's five o'clock somewhere"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment