Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Very First Entry


It started as a joke...whenever something funny/interesting/unusual happened, I would say: "I'm going to put that in my blog"!!!  Everybody laughed...I don't think they thought I would do it....well, I did it. 

So, where should I start???  I think I'll start with the dog...my wonderful, almost 16 year old, Jack Russell Terrier, Max.  He will be easy to write about, because he won't laugh or roll his eyes at me; he simply loves me, no questions asked.  And yes, I love him too.  He used to travel with us on vacations, but now he's just too old (and a little cranky); he prefers to stay home with the dog sitter, snuggled up under his blanket (with the air conditioner on in the summer).

                                      
He didn't even know his picture was being taken!


His "real" name is Maximillian of Treleaven - a big name for a little dog (of course, he thinks he's a big dog); just ask the Rottweiler up the street!  He was born at Treleaven Winery in King Ferry, New York; that's where his mother (Mouse) lived.  His father (Raider) was from Skaneateles, New York.  He had two siblings, one was named Trucker Jack and he rode around in a big rig; not sure about the other brother.

Max came to us as a Christmas present for the kids; an "elf" in a red parka left him on our front porch.  He was soooooo cute; until he stayed up crying all night, peed on every sleeping bag he could find, chewed the legs on the couch and several other pieces of furniture, and ate a quarter pound of chocolate that was under the tree!  This was all in the first week!  I wanted to send him back; my husband said he would divorce me if I did...afterall, it was my idea to get the kids a dog!  So...here we are, almost sixteen years later and I wouldn't trade him for a million dollars.  He's made us laugh (with antlers on our Christmas card) and he's made us cry (pancreatitis and a near-death experience). 

"Max the Reindeer"



Max and me at the beach

Gotta go....Max needs me!


No comments:

Post a Comment